Contact us to Design Your perfect tripCheck Availability
Your excursion begins in magical old growth forest – grizzly territory. The Great Bear Rainforest is their backyard, and they often stroll right past the lodge. Constructed in 1929, Tweedsmuir Park Lodge initially served as a hunting and fishing retreat, now updated to include modern amenities. Authentic Canadian hospitality ensures your Chalet stay is a welcome getaway.
The vast and rugged Coast Range is the ideal setting for sensational heli-hiking and heli-skiing. Accompany a local guide to learn the Smayustas – the creation stories of the proud Nuxalk people. Visit 10,000-year-old petroglyphs, learn archery, river fishing and even ride an Icelandic horse! Play on the slackline with the scenic mountain backdrop.
Follow the lifecycle of the salmon as they return to spawn. Watch eagles as they soar higher up the slopes, where towering glaciers exhibit the sublime beauty of Bella Coola.
Enjoy a wildlife viewing, an adventure tour, or have an afternoon to yourself, indulging in a good book next to the crackling fire. Delight in the lodge’s pristine setting, and enjoy the now. Breathe in….this mountain air is like nowhere else on the planet.
- Rated by CNN Travel as one of “British Columbia’s best luxury lodges”
- One of the top ranked hotel in all of British Columbia by TripAdvisor
- For the 4th year in a row; winner of the TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence
- Included in TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Small Hotels (Canada)
- Our Grizzly Bear Safari has been selected by the Destination Canada as a “Canadian Signature Experience”!
- Finalist in the World Travel Awards – “Best Wilderness Resort – Canada”
- Member of the Commercial Bear Viewing Association
- Member of PURE Life Experiences
Accommodation 9 chalets: 6 loft chalets and 4 others. All chalets accommodate 2-4 people (lofts can take up to 5)
Wildlife Viewing river otters, wolves, black bears, bald eagles, many different birds, cougars Grizzly bears in Aug, Sept & October
Activities hiking, heli-hiking, river drifts, fishing, archery, mountain biking, bear viewing stand, Icelandic horse rides, lawn sports, frisbee golf course, swimming, fjord trips, valley tours
Operating Season early June – late October
Wellness massage, 12 person hot-tub, sweat lodge, exercise room
Closest Town Bella Coola
Access Fly to Bella Coola then vehicle transfer
Price 2017 rates for a semi private ‘Bella Coola Explorer’ 3 day programs start at $2385 per adult. Youth 12-18 are $1193. Children are $596. All rates are in $CAD.