Contact us to Design Your perfect tripCheck Availability
The polar bears won’t remember you. You will never forget them, hiking at ground level through their remote territory for a heart-pounding close encounter. Arctic Canada has a spectacular landscape, from estuary to Boreal forest, bay to inland tundra.
Churchill Wild has four eco-lodges, presenting many angles from which to view polar bears, foxes, caribou, wolves, and over 100 species of birds. The thrall of exotic creatures delights all nature lovers. From July to November, professional photographers, interpreters, and bear guides lead your group into the Arctic tundra, skirting the edges of Hudson Bay. The owners are committed to sustainable tourism, and environmentally friendly practices are always employed. We all tread lightly here.
For a truly close interaction, take a swim in Hudson Bay with a smiling beluga; gentle curiosity evokes a forgotten kinship. And after the adrenaline recedes from your various breathtaking encounters, kick back by the fire and pour yourself a tipple. Enjoy locally sourced Arctic cuisine, prepared using traditional methods and family recipes. Gaze upon the Aurora Borealis, and commune with the spirit of the great white North.
Accolades & Affiliations
- Winner, 2016 Manitoba Tourism Awards – Award of Distinction
- Winner, 2016 Canadian Tourism Awards – Adventure/Outdoors Award
- Winner, 2016 Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor for Seal River Heritage Lodge
- Winner, 2015 Manitoba Tourism Awards – Sustainable Tourism Award
- Member of PURE Life Experiences
- Recognition as a Canadian Signature Experience by Destination Canada – Birds, Bears & Belugas safari
- Member of National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World – Seal River Heritage Lodge and Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge
Accommodation 4 different locations all very unique (max lodge size 8 rooms). They offer a variety of different itineraries
Wildlife Viewing caribou, fox, wolves, moose, birds (over 100 species) polar bears and belugas
Activities walking, kayaking, atv-ing, boat excursions
Operating Season July – November
Wellness lots of fresh Arctic air
Closest Town Churchill, Manitoba
Access usually wheeled plane
Price Churchill Wild offers a variety of different itineraries. Trips are usually around a week long and price averages to about $1500 CAD per person per day. Children 12 and under receive a 10% discount